Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A blog about all things crafty!

I decided to turn my personal blog, as opposed to my family blog, into a place where I can talk and share endlessly about my passion for crafting.

I am a huge craft geek, you name it I've tried it. Through trial and error I have found a few that I truly am passionate about. Paper crafting is my first love as far as crafts go. Cardmaking and scrapping I find to be more than just a hobby, I honestly find them to be theraputic. I picked up scrapbooking at a very difficult time, during the diagnosis and early treatment of my son's Autistic Spectrum Disorder. It was a way to focus on my son in a very positive and uplifting manner when most days were hard just to simply make it through.

I use scrapbooking not really as a way just to catalog and caption our family photos but to capture moments in time both big and small. I normally use only one or two photos in a layout and tell the story of a moment in time. I know some people see shoeboxes of photos and simply want to scrap them in order to "get it done" or because they want to "catch up", and that's cool for them but I know if I looked at it that way it might feel like an obligation or chore and I know I would never be caught up! I scrap whenever and what ever I feel inspired by at that moment meaning never in chronological order and or one project or album start to finish. Sometimes I find a photo from my childhood and a story and scrap that, sometimes it a photo from yesterday that inspires me or often times it is products that inspire me!

Oh how I love paper! I plan on using this blog to also share my favorite new paper crafting products and tools and which sites and stores I'm loving at the moment. Right now I'm all about my Cricut, I recently purchased the cartridges "Sweet Treats" and "A Walk in My Garden" both of which I'm using at the moment for making fabric appliques for children's wear, T's, bibs, burpie cloths and onesies.

About a week or so ago I sort of became burned out on scrapping and cardmaking and decided to bring out my embroidery and sewing machines. I was inspired to do so by BABIES!!!!!! Honestly babies and children are my biggest inspiration in all my crafting but reecently it seems like all my friends are either pregnant or have just had a baby. So out came the racks of threads the bins of fabric and the packages and packages of plain baby products to embellish.

I plan to share all the details of crafting for whoever shares my passion, so here we go......................

2 comments:

Alisa said...

YAY my favorite crafter to help me get craftier! Yippee!
Alisa

rachel said...

I'm so happy! Hope you don't mind if I follow (read: stalk) you! :) I'm all about the crafts lately, mostly sewing! Haven't ventured into embroidery, though, so I'm living through YOU at the moment!