Thursday, January 5, 2012

Choosing the perfect Party Dress

I have a tendency to procrastinate or get sidetracked when it comes to my sewing projects and since my daughter's birthday is in April I figured I best get started now. I have found quite a few options but can't seem to choose just one. My daughter of course loves them all and has been little help in narrowing it down.

I want to do something vintage with a sweet little bodice and full skirt in either a sweet plaid or gingham or a sateen with a slight sheen.

I found a gorgeous vintage inspired(or perhaps a reproduction) dress pattern at Farmhouse Fabrics by Sew Beautiful, coincidentally it is called the Natalie, my daughter's name.
Isn't it just beautiful? You can purchase it HERE. I purchased the pattern and read over the instructions and it might be an ambitious undertaking so I'm not quite sure I have the confidence to go for it.

I also found some adorable options on Etsy are not as much of a challenge but I love them all and don't want to choose just one, maybe a wardrobe change mid-party is in order :)


#1

#2

#3

#4

#5


#6

#7

#8

#9
So how in the world do I choose just one? Anyone have a favorite?

1 comments:

Jayme said...

#9 is my favorite! They all are great though!