Friday, January 6, 2012

Pattern Review-The Children's Corner "Callie"

This is actually an old post I forgot to publish. I came across it today and thought I'd go ahead and put it up.

I love Children's Corner patterns. They are timeless and just adorable. I also love how simple they are and the instructions are very clear and easy to follow, they are great for beginners. One of my favorite features is the size range included in each package. Callie goes from 6 mos up to 6 yrs covering both of my girl's sizes. There are pattern pieces for every size, no cutting one size then not being able to use the others, love that!

I found the perfect fabrics and even the cute duck buttons all bundled up in what Farmhouse Fabrics calls "Garment to Go" kits.(found in the fabrics section) Here's what it included,
"Garment to Go". "Spring Birds & Ducks" includes: 1 Yd. (60" wide) yellow corduroy; 1 yd. (45" wide) coral and yellow plaid fabric; 3 yds. white grosgrain ribbon; 3 yds. white jumbo rick rack; 10 baby yellow 2-hole buttons, 8 bird shanks & 8 duck shanks. $35.00



This pattern was a breeze and took just an afternoon. I love that  the plaid trims are all self covered and have no visible seams. This pattern has endless options and is a great canvas for monogramming or appliques. This would be a great project for someone just getting started heirloom sewing. I plan on using Callie over and over again. It is perfect for any season, on it's own in the warmer months and with a T or turtleneck and tights/leggings in the Fall and Winter. Perfect for holidays too, I'd love to do one in velveteen with tartan trim for Christmas, maybe adding a cute holiday applique.


Here is my finished Callie.

Callie by Children's Corner is one of the most versatile and simple to construct patterns I've ever used and as a result I have purchased many of their other patterns and been equally pleased. Here is a link to the Children's Corner section at Farmhouse, they carry the best selection I've seen, even out of print patterns.

Thanks for reading!

0 comments: